Sunday, March 25, 2007

ABOUT HORSIN AROUND





Horses are my life and my passion! My own horses are part of my family- a few more "children" if you will. My experience comes from 30 years of "hands on" with horses along with some formal training. My father is highly accredited staff vet with USDA, and also ran his own private clinic for many years, so growing up with him, I gained alot of knowledge and skills with horses as well as cats, dogs, rabbits, cows, skunks, racoons, birds, fish and list goes on and on. My parents also raised Quarter Horses at the CMD_Ranch in Nebraska for many years, turning out some great horses with predominant Two-Eyed Jack lines. I gained my passion for horses from my mother, who trained and showed a few of her own horses, and made sure that we had the privledge and knowledge of being around the wonderful animals growing up. I began at the ripe old age of 13 yrs old working for several Arabian trainers in Utah for many years, there I gained priceless experience and knowledge along with a love and admiration for the Arabian breed, who I now breed, show and train heavily, along with Half Arabians and Paint horses. I have studied or worked under, learned and continue to learn techniques from great trainers/instructors such as Richard Shrake, Jack Teague,Gary Martinez, Jim Hitt, Wally Post, Bob Hart Jr, Clinton Anderson and Pat Parelli. I am currently working through the Parelli levels of Natural Horsemanship and LOVE the concept of really being able to communicate and build a trusting relationship with horses.
I am a mentor with Arabian Horse Association as well as a Discovery Farm, where you can learn about the breed and are welcome to ask questions, come and meet some fabulous horses and become "addicted" as I have.
Along with my husband who is my best friend and partner, I ran one of the largest boarding and training facilities in Wyoming- Paradise Equestrian Center. At the facility we offered boarding, training, lessons, after-school horse camps for kids, breeding services, a horse motel, schooling shows, a riding club and many more equestrian related activities. Our adventures brought us to Colorado, where the weather was a little more condusive to the lifestyle we prefer. Here in Northern Colorado, we proudly stand two beautiful stallions- Arabian- PWR Prince of Praise and Paint- Shameless Dee Lite. I have several beautiful mares, and a couple very nice geldings as well, which my 7 yr old daughter and I show heavily on the local and Class A curcuit in disciplines ranging from Halter, Hunter/Jumper, Western Pleasure, Trail, Driving, Native Costume, English Saddleseat, and now reining-just to name a few.
I still offer and enjoy outside training/refreshers and show coaching as well as breeding, stallion management and dependable animal care for students and people around the area who are traveling or unable for some reason to do it themselves, and have many references as to my dependability and skills for the job. Please check out the horses and the stallions standing at stud for 2007/2008 and feel free to email me at horsinaround@wdemail.com with questions or to check availability and reserve a spot for training or lessons- join us for a little HORSIN' AROUND!!!
There are always other horses in the pasture, but for me, Dancer is the only one.
I watch him for a few minutes, a rustling piece of paper frightens him. He gallops away, kicking up his heels for the pure joy of it. When I whistle, he pricks up his ears, turns and trots towards me. With a low whiny, he stops for the piece of sugar he knows I have for him. I stroke his satiny neck, and for that moment, I really believe he belondgs to me. -ALETA HANSEN

No comments: